Benefits of Crossgrip roof walkway system:
Plastex's Crossgrip fitted at
Basingstoke Hospital, UK
- Slip resistance
- Drainage: 12 or 14mm height and an open grid format give good drainage, particularly effective where "puddling" occurs.
- Flexibility: Crossgrip's flexibility ensures that it will contour to bumps, slight ridges or other imperfections of the roof surface. This can often occur after roof renovation because new membrane systems are just laid on top of the old ones.
- Protection of the membrane: by definition these roofing membranes (usually bitumen, PVC, TPO, FPO, or EPDM) have to be waterproof. However as they are very thin and possibly easily punctured, the use of Crossgrip will protect against harm as a result of pedestrian traffic.
- Quick and easy to install: as it comes in roll of 10 metres, Crossgrip can be quickly installed especially when compared with tile format systems. There is also no need to fix Crossgrip to the roof being a loose lay product (see wind testings).
- Minimal maintenance required: Once installed, Crossgrip only requires minimal maintenance, such as cleaning of weather-borne debris and visual inspection for damage or movement. Its non-porous composition is resistant to all weathers.
- Lightweight product: Crossgrip PVC weighs 6.6 kg/sqm and Crossgrip TPO 5.2 kg/sqm. Therefore, they can both be used on light roofing structures.
- Long lasting
- UV resistant (Crossgrip PVC)
- Stable through colours: Crossgrip PVC is available in black or light grey colour as standard providing contrast with the waterproof membrane for walkway marking purposes. Crossgrip TPO is available in white colour.
Through life cost benefits of the Crossgrip roof walkway system:
Crossgrip roof walkway system at
Heathrow Airport, London
Although Crossgrip can be considered a more expensive product than similar products, it is an exclusive system with a unique combination of benefits: slip resistance, membrane protection, quick installation.
It is also worth comparing its total cost (including fitting) when other alternatives are in question. Crossgrip's rolls of 10 metres make the fitting much easier and quicker than other products. Another major advantage is that Crossgrip only requires minimal maintenance, saving labour time and the need for additional equipment.